How Do I Download Facebook Videos To My Mac 2023?
Facebook is a social media platform that allows users who sign up for free profiles to connect with friends, work colleagues, or people they don’t know online. Hence, you can contribute ideas and join conversations with people who share the same or different interests. But have you noticed that there is no official way to download Facebook media content from its platform? Yes: you cannot download any media file from its platform. However, you can save videos from Facebook for offline viewing.
Do you want to download Facebook videos to your Mac devices? If yes, you have to use unofficial methods for that. What are these methods?
- Use of m.facebook.com
- Use of mbasic.facebook.com
- Use of Facebook downloader
If you want to download videos from Facebook without a tool, use the first two methods. But if you like to download Facebook content using a tool, use the third one. Now let’s see more details about the three methods.
How to download Facebook videos?
Here we provide more details about the three methods which you can use to download Facebook videos from its platform.
- Log in to your Facebook account and choose the video you need to download on your PC.
- Replacing “www” with “m” in the URL of the Facebook video
- You need to right-click on the video and select the option save video as.
To download your favorite Facebook video on your Mac, right-click on it and select show video URL. Then paste the link into a new tab of the web browser and apply “mbasic” to “www”. Finally, right-click it. Then, select video saves as. Here is the complete step guide for that.
- Log into Facebook using any web browser on your Mac.
- Open the video you like to download. ( it needs to start playing the video)
- Then, right-click on the video. This will cause a pop-up menu to appear with Play, Mute, and Show Video URLs.
- After, tap the Show Video URL icon.
- Copy the URL of the Facebook video.
- Next, open another tab on your browser and paste the URL into the address bar. (Do not click the Enter button on your keyboard at this point)
- Apply “mbasic” to “www” of the URL of the video
- Then, click the Enter icon.
- Tap the Facebook video that you want to download from the Facebook platform.
- Right-click the video and select save the video.
- Then select the name and destination of your Facebook video and click save to save the video.
Use of third-party Facebook downloaders
The third method to download Facebook videos to Mac is using a third-party Facebook downloader. They allow downloading unlimited Facebook videos online. As Facebook downloaders, you can get FDOWN, FDownloder, Snapsave, Getfvid, Freemake, etc. They help to download your favorite Facebook videos easily. Likewise, all of them are available for free and online. Therefore, you don’t need to worry that there is no official way to Facebook content downloading. However, some Facebook downloaders show some disadvantageous features. Thus, you must be careful when you choose a Facebook downloader.
If so, what is the best? There is no mess. It is FDownloader. What are the reasons for that? FDownloder is the most reliable and safest Facebook downloader over others. It confirms the highest security and secures your privacy. Likewise, you can get it for free and online. Hence, you don’t need to install or download any app.
It is cross-platform. That means you can use one of them to download Facebook videos not only on your Mac devices but also on your other devices. It is compatible with OS, iPhone, Android, iPad, and any desktop, including Windows, Linux, Mac, and tablets. Likewise, the FB downloader supports all web browsers. They are Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Dolphin, UC, CM, Opera, etc. Now let’s see the significant features of the software.
- It is available for free and online.
- The software does not require sign-up or login to the app.
- Never asks you to make any payment
- User-friendly interface and manageable interface
- Simple and not complicated
- Download videos and images from Facebook in HD quality
- Confirms the fastest speed and the highest stability
- You can get unlimited FB videos without any restrictions.
- It receives continuous updates to provide the best service.
- Accurate and secure tool for using
- Free from viruses and malware
How to download Facebook videos to Mac using Facebook downloader?
- First, visit Facebook from your Mac computer to download FB video online free.
- Then search for the Facebook video you like to download from its platform.
- Select the Facebook video and expand the options from the top right corner.
- Copy the FB video link.
- Then navigate to the online Facebook downloader and paste the copied URL into the input box.
- Click on the “Download” icon.
- Now, you can watch the preview of the Facebook video.
- You will see “Download SD video” and “ Other formats” and the download option again.
- Your file will download automatically within a few seconds.
- Finally, select the correct option and continue the download.
The Facebook downloader is available for mobiles as well as computers. Hence, additionally, we provide a step guide to download videos to mobile phones by using it.
- Visit Facebook from an iPhone to download your favorite Facebook videos.
- Select the video you want to download
- Pick the option “ share” from the right-bottom
- Slide right through share to options and find “Copy Link.”
- Go to the Facebook downloader and paste the URL in the input box.
- Click” Download” and see the preview of the selected video.
- Now you can select “ SD video” or “ Other formats” and continue downloading the video.
- You can now find your file downloaded on the device in a few moments
All of us know that Facebook is the most used social media network of all time. But it fails to offer the ability to download content from its platform. Hence, we have to use some unofficial ways to download Facebook videos directly to the device. Here, we have provided three methods to download videos from Facebook easily and quickly. For Readers!