Reflections of Style: A Guide to Buying Mirrors in Ireland
Mirrors are an essential part of home decor in Ireland, not only for functional purposes but also for aesthetics. Whether you need a mirror for your bathroom, bedroom, or living room, many options are available in the Irish market. However, selecting the right mirror can be overwhelming with so many styles, sizes, and features. This mirror buying guide will provide essential tips to help you make an informed decision.
Consider the Size of the Room
Before you purchase a mirror, consider the size of the room where you plan to place it. A large mirror in a small room can make the space look cramped, while a small mirror in a large room may look insignificant. Take measurements of the room to determine the ideal size of the mirror. Additionally, consider the height at which the mirror will be hung. A mirror hung too low or too high may be impractical and visually unappealing.
Choose the Right Style
The mirror style is essential when selecting a mirror for your home. Many styles include modern, vintage, rustic, and more. Consider your room’s existing decor and select a mirror that complements it. A mirror that clashes with the decor can disrupt the room’s overall aesthetic.
Select the Right Frame
Mirrors come in various frames, including metal, wood, and plastic. The mirror’s frame can significantly impact the style and quality of the mirror. A well-crafted frame can enhance the mirror’s appearance and make it more durable. Consider the style of the room when selecting the frame. A wooden frame may be more suitable for a rustic room, while a metal frame may be more appropriate for a modern room.
Decide on the Type of Mirror
Many types of mirrors are available in the market, each with its own benefits and drawbacks. Some of the most common types of mirrors include:
- Framed mirrors: Framed mirrors have a frame around the edges, which adds to their visual appeal. These mirrors come in various styles and designs and can complement any decor.
- Frameless mirrors: Frameless mirrors have a modern and sleek look, making them a popular choice for contemporary homes. These mirrors are available in various sizes and shapes and can be hung on walls or placed on stands.
- Lighted mirrors: Lighted mirrors have built-in lights that provide excellent illumination, making them ideal for applying makeup or shaving. These mirrors are available in various styles and sizes; some even come with dimming capabilities.
- Antique mirrors: Antique mirrors have a vintage look and are perfect for homes with a classic or Victorian style. These mirrors have intricate designs and can be a statement piece in any room.
Consider the Placement of the Mirror
When selecting a mirror, it is essential to consider its placement in the room. For example, a bathroom mirror may need to be more functional, with good lighting and large size to accommodate multiple people. On the other hand, a living room mirror may be more decorative, with a unique shape or design that adds character to the space.
Finally, consider your budget when selecting a mirror. Mirrors can range from budget-friendly to high-end luxury items. Determine how much you will spend and look for mirrors that fit your budget. Remember that higher-priced mirrors may be made from higher-quality materials, but this is not always true.
Where to Buy a Mirror in Ireland
If you’re in the market for buying a mirror, many options are available. Whether you prefer shopping in-store or online, there are plenty of retailers. Here are some of the most popular places to buy mirrors in Ireland:
- IKEA: IKEA is a go-to for affordable, modern mirrors. They offer various styles and sizes, from full-length to decorative and everything in between.
- Harvey Norman: Harvey Norman is a popular home goods store that sells a variety of mirrors. They have a range of styles, from classic to contemporary, and offer mirrors in various sizes and shapes. They also have a selection of lighted mirrors, perfect for applying makeup or shaving.
- LC Living: LC Living is a family-run online retailer based in a small Irish town in Donegal, specializing in premium luxury furniture. They aim to provide high-quality products at the best prices possible for customers throughout Ireland. Their passion for furniture led them to create a one-stop-shop for customers looking for top-quality pieces to furnish their homes.
- Argos: Argos is a well-known retailer that sells a variety of mirrors, including full-length, wall-mounted, and tabletop styles. They offer affordable options and have locations throughout Ireland, making it easy to shop in person.
- Homebase: Homebase is a home improvement store that sells a variety of mirrors. They have mirrors in various sizes and styles, from classic to modern. Homebase also offers a range of hanging options, including wall-mounted and freestanding.
In conclusion, buying a mirror in Ireland is a relatively easy process thanks to the abundance of retailers and online shopping options. It’s important to consider size, shape, style, and function. Whether you’re looking for a full-length for your bedroom or a decorative for your living room, there is a wide variety of options. By following this mirror buying guide and taking your time to consider your options, you can find the perfect mirror for your home that adds style and functionality to any room.